Far more mergers fail to meet goals and expectations than those that do. This is due, in large part because of a failure of proper due diligence, planning and detailed execution. There is a real business need to get the acquisition accomplished in the quickest prudent time without having negative impact on current business or the new entity. This involves having the capability to manage the details utilizing best practice methods, processed and M&A-specific tools to help improve communication, cross-team coordination, visibility, and accountability.
These same capabilities are applicable to not only mergers and acquisitions, but divestitures, restructuring and bankruptcies.
The purpose of the Integration Management Office Service is to setup and optimize your IMO capability. An effective IMO can ensure effective acquisition execution, executive visibility, and monitoring & control of the work streams.
The IMO Setup and Optimization will involve:
- Determination of client requirements
- Validation and structuring of client’s existing process and objectives
- Work stream definition and set up
- Best practices for enabling work stream empowerment
- Knowledge transfer and mentoring
The entire process can be managed using AbyssPM methods and tools. For medium to large acquisitions we have affiliations with cloud based tool providers to help organize, communicate, track, and quantify results.
- Work streams are properly setup
- Better communications for all parties
- Time to execute the merger is compressed
- Reduced acquisition risk
- More effective governance
- Better synergy realization
Integration Management Office Service is recommended for organizations with some of the following attributes:
- Mergers defined as high or very high risk
- Geographically dispersed organizations
- Multinational organizations
- Global organizations
- Dynamically changing organizations or environments
- Organizations inexperienced with mergers
- Lack of availability of senior staff