Far more mergers fail to meet goals and expectations than those that do. This is due, in large part because of a failure of proper due diligence. Any organization embarking on a major merger is faced with the need to understand the target organization. There is a real business need to get this all accomplished in the quickest prudent time without having negative impact on current business or the new entity.
The purpose of the Due Diligence Checklist Service is to develop or enhance your playbook (Integration Management Plan).
- Determination of client requirements
- Creation or enhancement of checklist, validated using AbyssPM best practices
- Review with client and update as appropriate
People from different disciplines from the various organizations need to be involved to provide checklist input and review.
- Ensure a more thorough due diligence
- Reduce acquisition risk
- Faster execution of due diligence
- Better information for playbook development
- More accurate pro forma financial statements
The Due Diligence Checklist Service Service is recommended for organizations with some of the following attributes:
- Mergers defined as high or very high risk
- Geographically dispersed organizations
- Multinational organizations
- Global organizations
- Dynamically changing organizations or environments
- Organizations inexperienced with mergers